Nothing smells quite as delicious as warm cinnamon buns! These cinnamon bun muffins combine the sweet-and-spicy goodness of a cinnamon bun with the no-fuss ease of a muffin. You can even take it one step further, and use all-natural, unbleached muffin liners (like these) to line the pan…no messy cleanup! I found this yummy recipe at the Framed Cooks’ blog and did a little changing up to make it gluten free and all natural. I also added some slivered almonds and organic raisins, because I love cinnamon rolls with raisins! The muffins are delicious with or without a drizzle of glaze, and they are a great addition to a brunch buffet or a holiday breakfast.
Start by mixing up the cinnamon crumble. Organic walnut and almond pieces, raisins, fragrant cinnamon, honey and a little sucanat…so yummy!
Then cream some organic, grass-fed butter (here’s how to make butter from raw milk) with some organic evaporated cane sugar. Add cage-free eggs, then the dry ingredients and milk (you can use a variety of different flours, and almond or coconut milk works just as well as dairy milk).
To assemble the muffins, put a spoonful of the batter into each muffin cup. Then, add a spoonful of the cinnamon-and-nut mixture, and top it with another spoonful of batter. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on top, and bake them for about 25 minutes.
When they’ve cooled, you can drizzle some gaze on top…or not, they’re great either way!
Cinnamon Bun Muffins
A Step-By-Step Blueprint For Making Money Online, That Is 100% Dummy Proof!
GET EASY FREE TRAFFIC + AFFILIATE OFFER = COMMI$$IONSGet The Simple Traffic Blueprint Now!
Serves: 25 muffins
- 2/3 cup grass fed butter (or make it yourself from raw milk)
- 1 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 2 organic, cage-free eggs
- 2 1/2 cups organic, gluten free flour (or 2 cups almond flour plus 1/2 cup coconut flour, or use organic unbleached wheat flour)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons all-natural, aluminum free baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups milk (dairy, almond or coconut all work well)
- Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic sucanat
- 1/4 cup chopped organic pecans and/or almonds
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 3 teaspoons organic ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (here’s how to make your own)
- 3 Tablespoons organic milk (use dairy, almond or coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the ingredients for the cinnamon mixture together well.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, and continue mixing (scraping the bowl as needed) until creamy.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- To the butter mixture, add the flour mixture and milk alternately until all the ingredients are combined. Continue to mix for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- In a greased muffin tin (or use all natural paper liners like this), spoon a heaping tablespoon full of batter into each cup. Add a few teaspoons of the cinnamon-nut mixture, then cover with another large tablespoon of batter (the cups should be about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool.
- If you’d like to use the glaze, mix up the milk and powdered sugar. Drizzle over the cooled muffins.
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
SIGN UP FOR FREE UPDATES, OFFERS, & TIPS.
Plus I’ll send you a free copy of “Your Simply Healthy Handbook.” It’s your #1 resource to make healthy living easy.
Free Gift With Our Newsletter
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe