Swap out regular flour in these healthy and customizable oat flour muffins. Made with whole-grain ground oats, unrefined sugar and dairy-free ingredients for a muffin recipe the whole family will love.
At least once a day I receive an angry comment from someone complaining about all the text that comes before the recipe. “Get to the recipe!”, “No one cares! Just share the recipe!” are a frequent occurrence in my comment box. And despite having a very prominent “jump to recipe” button right at the top of the page, they still keep coming.
And you know what? They don’t really bother me. I actually get where these people are coming from. You’re here for the recipe and that’s exactly what I want to provide. But what these people may not realize is that in order for you to find the recipe there’s a game you have to play, and that game is with Google.
Unfortunately, Google does not prioritize posts that simply share a recipe. There’s a lot to it but in addition to the recipe you have to account for keywords and headings and alt tags and rich snippets. There is SO much that non-food bloggers don’t understand about this space. So every time I see one of those comments I have a nice snicker to myself and typically I say out loud “yeah….me too.” Okay let’s chat oat flour muffins.
Ingredients You Need:
- Oat Flour – you can use store-bought or grind up your own
- Coconut palm sugar – or brown sugar or other granulated sugar
- Baking soda + Baking Powder
- Applesauce – you can replace with canned pumpkin or mashed banana
- Almond milk – feel free to sub in any other kind of milk
- Coconut oil – this adds moistness
- Large Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Optional add-ins– chocolate chips, blueberries, raisins etc…
What is Oat Flour?
Oat flour is essentially just ground up rolled oats. You can buy pre-ground oats from the grocery store or you can even make oat flour at home. Making oat flour is super easy. Just add your rolled oats to your blender and blend until a fine flour consistency is formed. I use my Vitamix which does the trick really well but any old blender should do.
You can use both regular rolled oats or quick-cook oats. Do NOT use steel-cut oats as they cannot always be finely milled to a a flour that is necessary for these oat flour muffins.
How to Make Oat Flour Muffins
STEP 1: Combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
STEP 2: In a separate bowl combine mashed applesauce, almond milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. Add dry mixture to wet and stir until just combined. Fold in add-ins of choice.
STEP 3: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease or place liners into a muffin tin. Scoop batter evenly into 10 cups. Bake for 20-25 mins. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins. Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
A Step-By-Step Blueprint For Making Money Online, That Is 100% Dummy Proof!
GET EASY FREE TRAFFIC + AFFILIATE OFFER = COMMI$$IONSGet The Simple Traffic Blueprint Now!
STEP 4: Will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container or in freezer for months.
The sky is the limit when it comes to flavor variations for these oat flour muffins. You can really add in 1/2-1 cup of your favorite mix-ins. Truly anything will work but here are some suggestions:
- Chocolate – 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter – 1/4 cup peanut butter – just mix it right into the batter! You can also add chocolate chips too
- Berries – 1/2-1 cup of blueberries or any other fresh or frozen berry
- Grated Carrot – 1 large carrot for carrot cake muffins
- Grated zucchini – 1 large zucchini for an added veggie boost (just be sure to squeeze out all moisture!)
- Dried fruit – use 1/2 cup of whatever you have on hand.
More Oat Flour Recipes You’ll Love:
Oat Flour Muffins
Swap out regular flour in these healthy and customizable oat flour muffins. Made with whole-grain ground oats, unrefined sugar + dairy-free!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 cups oat flour (ground up rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or mashed pumpkin or 1 large banana, mashed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup add-ins: chocolate chips, blueberries, raisins etc…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with non-stick spray. You will only need 10 liners.
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed applesauce, almond milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry mixture to wet and stir until just combined.
- Fold in add-ins of choice.
- Scoop batter evenly into 10 cups.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins.
- Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container or in freezer for months.
Keywords: Oat flour, oat flour muffins
Like these oat flour muffins? Here are a few other muffin recipes you might enjoy:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Free Gift With Our Newsletter
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe