An easy appetizer recipe with just 6 ingredients.These rosemary cashew bars nuts are perfect for serving at a dinner party when you’re strapped for time and need a quick and easy recipe!
This is an OG recipe that has stood the test of time! I was actually introduced to a similar recipe when I was visiting Minnesota back in 2011. C’s mom made a similar recipe and I could not stop eating them. It’s now become my official holiday appetizer – especially if I’m prepping last minute!
These bar nuts are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with the added depth of rosemary. Truly a fantastic recipe for any holiday or dinner party!
Here’s What You Need
- Cashews – I recommend roasting your own raw cashews but you can buy roasted cashews for a shortcut.
- Fresh rosemary – I definitely recommend using fresh rosemary for the best flavor! Remove the leaves from the stem and mince.
- Cayenne pepper – just for a hint of spice!
- Coconut palm sugar – brown sugar works too
- Coarse sea salt – regular sea salt will work too but I love the texture coarse sea salt adds.
- Butter – or coconut oil to make these vegan!
How to Make Rosemary Cashew Bar Nuts
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Spread the raw cashews out on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.
STEP 2: Add the fresh rosemary, cayenne pepper, coconut sugar and sea salt to the nuts and mix to combine.
STEP 3: Melt the butter and add to the cashew and spice mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
How to Serve Bar Nuts
I love having these nuts out as a snack when guests are arriving for a gathering or dinner party. When I go to parties I always appreciate when there are snacks to munch on before dinner! They could also be a part of an appetizer spread or a pairing for a cocktail party.
How to Store Leftovers
If you or your guests don’t eat the entire batch, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.