I turned 32 years young this past Sunday on Mother’s Day. It was beautifully sunny and we spent most of the day outside. We took Max to the zoo for the first time and it was adorable watching him in awe of the elephants.
I’ve got a huge life announcement to share here soon (not pregnant!) but you’ll have to hang tight a bit longer. How was your weekend?!
Onto the good eats!
I made the most divine lemon poppyseed bread based on this banana bread recipe. I changed the recipe a bit and did two bananas, 6 tbsp lemon juice, zest of 2 lemons, 4 tsp poppy seeds, and no cinnamon. Thanks to my girl Val for the inspo!
For a glaze, I did ⅓ cup powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. I liked it even better the next day!
I’m just loving a little snack plate for lunch right now. This one has Mary’s Gone Crackers, tomatoes and cukes, red pepper hummus, walnuts, and tahini dipped strawbs (SO good). I do lots of flavors and textures, sometimes add egg, cheese, etc.
Remember the baked cod with pesto goat cheese orzo I posted in April? It’s our favorite quick dinner because you can use cod right out of the freezer and basically all you need is a can of tomatoes!
I made my southwestern sheet pan dinner and stuffed in in corn tortillas for taco night. Amazing and fast!
The most insane sweet potato brownies sweetened with dates! I can’t wait to share the recipe soon.
A Step-By-Step Blueprint For Making Money Online, That Is 100% Dummy Proof!
GET EASY FREE TRAFFIC + AFFILIATE OFFER = COMMI$$IONSGet The Simple Traffic Blueprint Now!
An egg sandwich on toasty focaccia from Alchemy just hits different. I was craving one last Tuesday and snagged once after I dropped Max off at daycare. Bliss!
How gorgeous is this vegetable curry? We love this cozy, nourishing dinner with plenty of basmati rice!
There’s nothing quite like the hole in the wall Jeni’s in German Village. I dropped Jeff off at the bar to meet his friend and drove straight there after. Lemon blueberry plus dark chocolate peanut butter mmmmm. And the waffle cone piece OMG.
We make this tika masala on the reg and both look so forward to it. I make it as written (except I always use onion instead of shallot) and I add a bag of defrosted from frozen cauliflower and a can of chickpeas. Then Jeff eats the chicken. We always serve it with rice, naan, and salad.
I shared this quick chickpea tuna salad with tahini on Instagram. I was shocked at how easy and delish it turned out! Recipe coming soon, I promise.
Things I’m Loving Lately
- I absolutely devoured The People We Keep. It was raw, laugh out loud funny, and tear jerking all at the same time.
- I’ve been taking Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic (a prebiotic and probiotic) for two months now and I’m so in love with this product that I just got Jeff a subscription, too. As someone who is bloated A LOT, the ease of bloating has been the most incredible benefit for me. It also helps with regularity like no other, something extremely helpful especially postpartum. Use code ALEXISJ15 for 15% off your first month’s supply!
- I wear these joggers daily. I never want to put anything else on my body! Work from home essential. I have them in two colors!
- Seriously obsessed with our Our Place always pan and perfect pot. They are gorgeous to look at and I love the non-toxic ceramic nonstick.
- We are super into our new coffee subscription, Better Grounds, started by Columbus pals! You really can taste the difference in their organic coffee and I love the sourcing ethos behind their company. Use code HUMMUSAPIEN for 30% off your first month! This makes an amazing gift, too.
- My favorite workout top is on sale for $16 from $40. It’s super comfy and doesn’t show belly with high waisted pants. I have green and just snagged gray and black.
- These pajamas for Max are so comfy and soft! We have camel and blue.
Have the best week!
Free Gift With Our Newsletter
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe