Want the taste of cake batter without having to whip up a whole cake? These No-Bake Cake Batter Protein Balls are a lightened-up and high-protein snack recipe that tastes just like the real thing!
How many recipes can I share that have something to do with my postpartum meal prep? You may not want to challenge me on that…For reference, the first thing I bought when I felt comfortable buying stuff for the baby was a chest freezer. Not a bassinet or a stroller, a chest freezer! I knew the early postpartum days would be long and exhausting so having easy, meal-prepped recipes like these cake batter protein balls was a definite priority.
One day I’ll get around to sharing my whole list of recipes for postpartum, but rest assured that at least 4 of them were energy balls or protein balls. These cake batter protein balls kept me full during those middle of the night feeds and “omg I’m starving but i’m nap trapped” days. But even if you’re not postpartum, these no-bake cake balls are always a hit – especially with the kiddos. Enjoy!
What You Need:
These cake batter protein balls require just a few ingredients! They’re naturally sweetened with dates and are grain and gluten-free.
- Shredded coconut – alternatively you can also use coconut butter (NOT coconut oil!). You’ll process it until a sticky paste is formed.
- Pitted Dates – medjool or honey dates both work. Just make sure they are sticky! If they’re dried out a bit you can soak them in hot water for 10 minutes and then strain the water.
- Cashews – raw or roasted work for this recipe.
- Sea salt – for every sweet recipe you need a bit of salt!
- Vanilla Extract – you can also use vanilla bean paste (I get one from Trader Joe’s) which adds even more of a cake flavor
- Vanilla Protein Powder – Any protein powder should work though I’ve only tested with Vanilla Whey Protein Powder or Plant-Based Protein Powder.
- Rainbow sprinkles – any kind will do! I highly recommend the more natural sprinkles from Supernaturals
How to Make Birthday Cake Protein Balls
These no-bake cake balls are so easy to make! All you need is 7 simple ingredients and a food processor! Here’s how to make these cake batter protein balls step-by-step:
STEP 1: Add coconut to food processor and process for 5 mins, scraping down the sides as needed. Alternatively, skip this step and use a 1/4 cup of coconut butter – not coconut oil.
STEP 2: Add in dates and process until broken up into pea-sized bits.
STEP 3: Add in cashews, sea salt, vanilla extract and protein and process until all ingredients come together. Mixture is done when you can roll dough into balls and they hold their shape.
STEP 4: Add in sprinkles and pulse several times to combine.
A Step-By-Step Blueprint For Making Money Online, That Is 100% Dummy Proof!
GET EASY FREE TRAFFIC + AFFILIATE OFFER = COMMI$$IONSGet The Simple Traffic Blueprint Now!
STEP 5: Roll into 14 balls and place in the freezer for 15 mins. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
More Energy Ball Recipes
Like these birthday cake protein balls? Here are some other protein and energy ball recipes you’ll love!